I mean..... y'all know I'm serious right?
Like.... I really made this... in my kitchen.... it's a real thing!
And it's amazing!!!!!
thin mint. cream cheese. chocolate cake.
Here's the deal.... I always post some Girl Scout cookie dessert recipes this time of year... and I'm always genuinely excited..
but this one... well it takes the cake.... no pun intended.
Statistically, Thin Mints are the most popular Girl Scout cookie. I'm more of a Samoa girl... but whatever... I'll eat the heck out of this cake!
Here's what you need to make this magic in your own little casa.
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 Tbsp cocoa powder
3/4 cup boiling water
3 oz chopped semi sweet chocolate
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled to warm
1 2/3 cups brown sugar
2 tsps vanilla
1/2 cup crushed Thin Mint Cookies
4oz cream cheese, softened
3 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp flour
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp milk
1/4 cup crushed Thin Mint cookies
Make the filling first so you can set it aside while preparing the cake batter.
1. Crush one sleeve of Thin Mint cookies. I always use a thick ZipLok baggie and a meat tnderizer. Works great!
2. Place all ingredients in a bowl and beat until combined. Place filling into a ZipLok baggie and place in refrigerator.
Now for the cake:
1. Whisk flour, baking sode and salt in a bowl and set aside.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, heat 3/4 cup water for 3 min (or until boiling).
3. Add cocoa and whisk. Add chopped chocolate and whisk. Add buttermilk and whisk.
4. Place melted butter and sugar in a large bowl and mix. Add in eggs and beat until fluffy. Add vanilla and beat.
5. Using a heavy spatula, fold flour into wet mixture in 3 batches, alternating with cocoa mixture.
You will have a large batch of chocolate cake mix!
6. Spray bundt pan with nonstick spray.
7. Pour 1/3 of batter into pan.
8. Remove filling from refrigerator and cut tip of baggie.
9. Pipe filling onto center of cake batter in pan.
10. Cover with remaining batter.
11. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until inserted cake tester comes out clean.
12. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
Now prepare your icing:
1. Add powdered sugar and milk in a bowl.
2. Whisk until completely combined.
Once cake has cooled, invert onto cake plate and pour icing over top.
Sprinkle with remaining crushed Thin Mints.
I love a great little photo shoot when my recipes turn out well.....
I mean..... stop it.....
See that yummy layer of Thin Mint cream cheese goodness?!?!?!?!
I hope you enjoy some Girl Scout cookies this year...
and if you get a chance.... enjoy some of this cake... or some other Sugar Derby Girl Scout Cookie Recipes!